We now accept all text submissions through Submittable.com. For graphic submissions, contact editor(at)plenitudemagazine.ca for details.
Submissions are ongoing. Response time ranges from one to six months. Please note: Plenitude Magazine is now an online magazine only, free and accessible to everyone.
General Submission Guidelines
What We Publish
Plenitude aims to complicate expressions of queerness through the publication of diverse, sophisticated literary writing, graphic narrative and short film, from the very subtle to the brash and unrelenting.
We are seeking literary fiction, creative non-fiction, poetry, reviews, interviews, and novel excerpts at this time. We are not interested in genre writing, political essays, or rants; that said, we recognize that LGBTQ experiences are often inherently political, and we invite submissions that explore this through creative writing. If you are interested in writing political essays or other critical analyses of interest to a queer literary readership, please contact us about contributing to our blog—we would love to hear from you.
We encourage Black and Indigenous writers and writers of colour to submit work.
- Fiction: Please send up to 2 stories per submission, double spaced, paginated, 12 point font, maximum 5,000 words per story.
- Creative Non-fiction: Please send up to 2 pieces per submission, double spaced, paginated, 12 point font, maximum 5,000 words per piece.
- Poetry: Please send up to 10 pages of poetry, single spaced, paginated, 12 point font.
- Graphic Narrative: Please send up to 10 pages of graphic narrative.
- Book Reviews: Please query the reviews editor for reviews (up to 1,000 words): reviews(at)plenitudemagazine.ca.
- Articles: Please query the reviews editor for articles (up to 3,000 words): reviews(at)plenitudemagazine.ca.
How to Submit
We now accept submissions at https://plenitudemagazine.submittable.com/submit.
All unsolicited submissions should be unpublished, original works. (There are no restrictions in this regard for film. Query the editor for more info at editor(at)plenitudemagazine.ca)
In your cover letter, please include a brief bio. We aim to reflect and reach a diverse group of readers and writers. To help us in our ongoing effort to achieve this goal, we invite you to include demographic information (age, race, gender), and let us know where you heard about Plenitude.
We accept simultaneous submissions; in the event that your submission is accepted elsewhere, please let us know right away.
Thanks to generous donors, we have raised our fees. We offer honoraria of $60 per prose contribution (including book reviews and articles) and $25 per poem.
Plenitude magazine buys first serial rights; copyright remains with the author/creator.