Emailed submissions will not be considered. For book reviews and articles, see below.
Plenitude Magazine is Canada’s only queer literary magazine. We aim to promote the growth and development of LGBTQ2S+ literature through online publication of poetry, fiction, creative nonfiction, book reviews, and interviews by both emerging and established LGBTQ2S+ writers. We especially encourage BIPOC, trans, and disabled writers to submit their work.
We define queer literature and arts as works created by LGBTQ2S+ people, rather than works which feature queer content alone.
We are not interested in genre writing, political essays, or rants; that said, we recognize that LGBTQ2S+ experiences are often inherently political, and we invite submissions that explore this through creative writing. If you are interested in writing political essays or other critical analyses of interest to a queer literary readership, please query the reviews editor at reviews(at)plenitudemagazine.ca.
All of our poetry, prose, and book reviews are open sourced, free and available to read. We highly recommend reading examples of work in the genre you wish to submit to get a feel for our style.
- Poetry: Up to five pages of poetry, single spaced, in a 12-point font. Each poem should appear on a new page. Submit one file per submission with all poems in the same document.
- Fiction: One story per submission, double spaced, paginated, in a 12-point font, maximum 5,000 words.
- Creative Nonfiction: One piece per submission, double spaced, paginated, in a 12-point font, maximum 5,000 words.
- Book Reviews: Query the reviews editor for reviews (up to 1000 words): reviews(at)plenitudemagazine.ca
- Articles: Query the reviews editor for articles (up to 3000 words): reviews(at)plenitudemagazine.ca
A cover letter in the document you upload is not necessary. Instead, please enter your name, mailing address, email address, title of submission, and a 50-word bio into the Cover Letter section of the form. Let us know if you self identify as BIPOC, trans, and/or disabled.
Please submit work only once per calendar year per genre. Multiple submissions in the same calendar year by the same writer will be rejected.
Simultaneous submissions are allowed; however, in the event your work is accepted elsewhere, please let us know. We do not accept previously published work.
Response time ranges from one to six months.
Writers are paid $50 CAD per poem and $100 CAD per prose contribution (including book reviews and articles).
Plenitude Magazine buys first serial rights; copyright remains with the author/creator.