We now accept text submissions through Submittable.com. For graphic submissions. contact editor(a)plenitudemagazine.ca for details.
About Plenitude Magazine
Plenitude Magazine aims to promote the growth and development of LGBTTQI literature through the regular online publication of literary fiction, creative non-fiction, poetry, graphic narrative and short film by both emerging and established LGBTTQI writers.
We define queer literature and arts as works created by LGBTTQI people, rather than works that feature queer content alone. That said, we recognize that Plenitude readers are hungry for exceptional work that reflects queer histories, cultures, experiences, and sensibilities. We consider every submission with critical analyses, sometimes turning to an advisory editorial board of writers, academics, and community advocates.
What We Publish
Plenitude aims to complicate expressions of queerness through the publication of diverse, sophisticated literary writing, graphic narrative and short film, from the very subtle to the brash and unrelenting.
We are seeking literary fiction, creative non-fiction, poetry, reviews, interviews, and novel excerpts at this time. We are not interested in genre writing, political essays or rants; that said, we recognize that LGBTQ experiences are often inherently political, and we invite submissions that explore this through creative writing. If you are interested in writing political essays or other critical analyses of interest to a queer literary readership, please contact us about contributing an article—we would love to hear from you.
We encourage Black and Indigenous writers and writers of colour to submit work.
- Fiction: Please send up to 2 stories per submission, double spaced, paginated, 12 point font, maximum 5,000 words per story.
- Creative Non-fiction: Please send up to 2 pieces per submission, double spaced, paginated, 12 point font, maximum 5,000 words per piece.
- Poetry: Please send up to 10 pages of poetry, single spaced, paginated, 12 point font.
- Graphic Narrative: Please send up to 10 pages of graphic narrative.
- Book Reviews: Please query the reviews editor for reviews (up to 1,000 words): reviews(at)plenitudemagazine.ca.
- Articles: Please query the reviews editor for articles (up to 3,000 words):reviews(at)plenitudemagazine.ca.
How to Submit
We now accept submissions through Submittable.com.
All unsolicited submissions should be unpublished, original works. There are no restrictions in this regard for film.
We accept simultaneous submissions; in the event that your submission is accepted elsewhere, please let us know right away.
Thanks to generous donors, we have raised our fees. We offer honoraria of $80 per prose contribution (including book reviews and articles) and $35 per poem.
Plenitude Magazine buys first serial rights; copyright remains with the author/creator.