Plenitude magazine is currently seeking an associate editor for poetry. The candidate will work with our west coast poetry editor to oversee the regular online publication of LGBTQ poetry.
- Reviewing and responding to over-the-transom submissions
- Soliciting poetry from established and emerging queer poets
- Working with authors to develop and edit their poetry for publication
- Coordinating with the managing editor to maintain the publishing schedule
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a strong background in Canadian poetry
- Have professional editorial experience
- Be committed to diversity in publishing, to publishing work that breaks new ground, and to representing marginalized voices
- Be an LGBTQ person
Though we will consider all applications, we are particularly interested in hearing from BIPOC applicants, disabled applicants, and elders. Plenitude is a volunteer-run organization, but we offer an honorarium of $200 for a six-month term. The position requires a minimum of 5 hours per month and can be done from anywhere in Canada.
To apply, send your résumé (as a Word document or PDF) and a cover letter to Kathleen Fraser at email@example.com.